Saturday 26 July 2014

Summer Hair Saviour: Coconut Oil!

With summer already in full force, my hair can often feel quite dry. During summer I tend to style my hair using more heat compared to the winter months as it often goes quite frizzy if I don't. As you can expect it takes it toll on my hair and so to give it a little pick me up every now and then I use the new holy grail product in the beauty world: Coconut Oil! Here's how I use it to give my hair more shine, softness and an overall better condition: 


Groovy Food Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - £6.00 




It's honestly really simple, just grab your coconut oil, a teaspoon and a bowl. Put a few teaspoons of the oil into your bowl. The amount you use is entirely up to you, I tend to use 4-5 heaped teaspoons and that's enough to cover my long hair (boob length, for lack of a better term).




Then all you need to do is pop the bowl in the microwave until the oil has fully melted (at room temp the oil will be solid as you can see above). This shouldn't take longer then 30 seconds to 1 minuet.



Once the oil has fully melted just use your fingers to distribute it evenly all over your hair, using all the oil. This part might get a little messy so make sure to put a towel round your shoulders or wear an old t-shirt! Put your hair in a bun and cover it using a shower cap or even cling film. Then just wash it out using your normal hair products a few hours later or you can even leave it in over night. And hey presto! Soft, silky, fabulous hair! 

Top tips: 

  • Use pure virgin coconut oil rather then anything that is processed as it will be kinder to the hair.
  • Do this every week/fortnight to maintain the soft, silky look and to keep your hair in top condition. 
  • Coconut oil can be used for many things! Also try it out as a moisturiser and in cooking to add more flavour! 
Have you tried coconut oil in your hair? What are you summer hair care tips? 

Let me know if you try it! 
Love, 
Hannah 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment